Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Beautiful Hair Don't Care

Hi guys:)  so i've been asked to to do a blog on my hair care routine and I've been thinking about doing this for a while so for those of you who asked for this, here you go:)
Taking care of your hair so very important!  A few years back I was asked to model for a hair stylist.  She put coil hair extensions in my hair.  I had them in for about a year and then changed to weft permanent hair extensions because I heard they were better.  I kept those in for about 7 months.  At first my hair looked gorgeous.  It was long and blonde and beautiful.  After about a year I noticed that every time she did a fill on my hair extensions tons of my own natural hair was falling out.  So I decided to take out the hair extensions.  Within 2 years time I had lost so much of my natural hair that you could actually see the hair extensions because there wasn't enough of my natural hair covering them.  So I decided to get the clip ins.  I put the clip ins in every single day.  This ruined my hair even more.  As much as I love the way hair extensions look I highly advise all women to just get the clip ins and only wear them for a night out or for events.  They can damage your hair very badly and it has taken my hair over a year to begin to grow back.  Here is a photo of me when I first got my permanent hair extensions.



When I finally faced the fact that I was balding from the extensions I had to make the executive decision to take them out.  My hair was so badly damaged that ponytails looked stupid.  So I remember trying to puff up a bun and I put a crystal clip in my hair to cover up the thinned bald spots.  It was terrible.  My girlfriend Kristy Dicus is a hair dresser at a luxury hair care salon in West Hollywood called Frederic Fekkai.  She invited me in and offered to try and help me.  At the time I was using Volume style shampoos trying to give lift to my thinned hair.  Kristy was such a hair genius.  She gave me a trim to try to cover the unevenness and baldness.  I have no idea how she pulled it off to this day.  I don't know why I never thought of using a Keratin shampoo.  She did a deep conditioning treatment on my hair and told me to get off of the Volume style shampoos.  They were drying out my hair even more.  Oops!  So I left with this Keratin Shampoo and Conditioner.  She instructed me for the next few months to use this shampoo and conditioner loyally and I did.  




What a life changer!  All of a sudden my hair was getting the nourishment it needed to grow strong and beautiful!  I highly recommend you to always use a Keratin based Shampoo and Conditioner to help build your hair.  It's ok to use a Volume Shampoo when you are going out to give your hair a lift but DON'T use it all the time!  I have so much going on all the time that I try to make Sunday my pampering and resting day for the week. I love to pamper myself with mani's, pedi's, massages, facials and hair treatments! I'm a big fan of the Moroccan Oil Treatments and the Kerastase however I stopped by Sally Beauty the other day and as I was checking out I asked the clerk about the Proclaim Argan Oil.  She said she uses it and loves it!  So for $6.00 I took it home to try out!  I've used it three times already and I am loving it.  It is a fraction of the price of the Moroccan Oil and seems to be helping my hair a lot!
After I wash my hair I spray it with a product called It's a 10 Miracle leave-in product.  I don't know what I would do without this product!  It makes my hair soft like butter.  Shampoo's come and go but It's a 10 is a staple item in the Corbin household!  I've even sprayed it on my Dog Mia:)



Before I get into the styling of my hair I want to add that taking a hair skin and nail pill is as important as taking a multi vitamin every single day if you want gorgeous, thick beautiful voluminous hair.  It doesn't just happen for most of us.  So don't listen to the BS.  It makes a huge difference that none of these products can hold a candle to.  There are different types of hair pills.  I've tried Natures Bounty and Megafood.  I like Megafood better.  There is a difference in Chinese herbs and Multi Vitamins.  I prefer Chinese Herbs.  I feel like I'm just doubling up on vitamins when I take Nature's Bounty.  So It doesn't impress me.  I have had the very best results with Dragon Herbs Hair and Nail Pills.  I see volume like Cindy Crawford style.  That impresses me.  Big Texas Hair!  Yeehaw!

I have fine thin hair so using a gel or mouse always helps with creating volume and hold.  I have been using Frederick Fekkai Extra Control Styling Gel.  If any of you reading my blog can recomend any products that you think are amazing please let me know what you like.  I love to try new things!

I blow dry my hair and when it's dry I apply a dallop of Moroccan Oil to the palm of my hand and rub it around and run through my hair.  This is a wonderful moisturizer and makes your hair look shiny and gorgeous!


When I'm done blow drying my hair I use hair clips to section my hair off
Next I put my hair in rollers.  Make sure if you're doing this your rollers look similar to this pic.  Up and over!
And spray my hair with Big Sexy Hair spray.  I haven't found a hairspray I like better so if you have one please again let me know!  I've tried cheap versions but I always revert back to my Big Sexy Hair!


This gives your hair tons of volume! A few months ago I heard about this stylist that is a guru to the blondes in Los Angeles.  His name is Victor Val Verde and he is the owner of Salon Sessions in Pasadena. The owner is known for styling the most beautiful blondes in Los Angeles.  I've been going to him for a few months now and the money is well spent. So I keep Victor Val Verde in my back pocket:)  The last time I was there he used the clip I showed to make pin curls without hair rollers.  My hair looked so fabulous that day!  I will try to repost a video of my hair that day.  It's being edited right now but here is a pic on my way to work that night!  Notice my Blondeness is out of control!  I was sick that day but I think my blonde craziness covered it!  hehe.



I work at a nightclub called Greystone Manor.  Here's a #selfie of me:)



Here are some photo's of me with actual hair clip ins in. Recently I did a photo shoot with the fabulous Damir K.
Here shown with my gorgeous model and girlfriend Cathrine Gontran.  I'm sporting a row of hair extensions.  So yes I wish I could wear them all the time, but it's uncomfortable and too hard on my hair.  So I only use them for photo shoots and hot dates:)




So all in all the bottom line is that you have to take care of yourself and invest in yourself and remember God didn't make you with hair extensions so try to find ways of being beautiful with what God gave you:)  Here are some pictures of me natural!

From the left is one of my closest friends, Liza. We've been friends since the 3rd grade.  She came to see me in Los Angeles and we went to see American Idol Grande Finale.  The only thing we were missing was my buddy Simon Cowell.  The show just isnt the same without him.  We had so much fun though.  


Aside from all the things i have mentioned i highly suggest juicing.  i prefer vegetables to fruit.  i try to make it to whole foods a few days a week and order a large juice they make called "the works."  Ive noticed that my hair shines and layes better when i do this and my skin glows so "yes" to juicing.  it also gives me lots of renewed energy!  

Ok it's 3 am and I've been blogging all night:)  I hope this blog helps!  I will be at Salon Sessions this week to get my blondeness man handeled by Victor Val Verde and I will post pics soon!  Byyyeeee!!






1 comments:

  1. Hello,
    Your description is really very nice, because it gives the easier solution and better treatment for those persons who don't have at that much time for taking a good care of hair.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...